Q: There’s a little disconnect between my giving and receiving.
Q: 我對於「給予」與「接收」之間的理解和拿捏,有點失去連結。
In what way? Can you be more specific?
什麼意思?可以在明確一點嗎?
Q: That the giving is somehow disconnected from the receiving.
Q:我的「給予」不知道為什麼,有點與「接收」失去連結了。
What do you mean?
你的意思是什麼?
Q: Well, I’m exploring myself, because now that I’m conscious of that, I want to make that…
Q: 嗯,我正在探索我自己,因為我現在意識到這一點,我想讓...
Alright.
好的。
Q: Make that a continuous loop…
Q: 想讓這樣的自我覺察意識成為一種持續的循環...
Yes.
好的。
But, I’m asking you in what way does this express itself? In what way does this so-called “disconnect” express itself?
但我要問的是,你這是在哪一方面展現出的?你所謂的「失去連結」是以何種方式表達出的?
Q: I think how I interact with other human being.
Q:我想,是在「我如與他人的互動」上。
Which means what? What do you say on a very pragmatic level? Is it easier for you to give, or is it easier for you to receive?
這意味著什麼呢?就務實生活層面的說法,你怎麼陳述它?你是比較容易「給予」還是比較容易「接受」?
Q: It’s easier for me to give.
我比較容易「給予」。
It is? It’s not easy for you to receive that’s what you’re saying? Just making sure that you are clear on what you’re saying.
是嗎?你的意思是說,你比較不容易「接收」?我只是在確認你明白你所說的意思。
You are saying you have an easier time giving than receiving, is that clear? Is that what you’re saying?
你說,比起「接收」,你更容易「給予」,這樣你清楚嗎?你在說的是這個意思嗎?
Q: Yeah.
沒錯。
Alright, then the paradox in this is that you actually have a difficult time giving. You know why? Because you are not willing to give others a chance to give.
好的,那麼這矛盾點在於:你其實很難「給予」。你知道為什麼嗎? 因為你不願意給別人一個「可給予你」的機會。
If it makes you happy to give, don’t you think it makes others happy to give? If you don’t give them a chance to give, by being willing to receive, then you’re not actually giving all you could.
如果對你來說「給予」讓你感到開心的話,你不覺得對於別人來說「給予」也會感到快樂嗎?如果你不樂於「接收」,好讓他們有機會「給予」的話,那麼你實際上並沒有盡你所能地「給予」。
Q: Uh-huh.
嗯哼。
You see how that works together?
你明白兩者之間「如何運作」的道理了嗎?