影片摘自:2018-2019:Crossing the Threshold
此篇短片內容:
Q: 哈囉,巴夏。
And to you, good day.
你好。
I am a strong supporter of recycling.
我是個環保資源回收與運用的強烈支持者。
Oh, alright.
喔,好的。
Q: And I practice it, and I observed that many people do not.
Q:我實踐環保資源運用,但我發現許多人並沒有這麼做。
Yes.
是。
Q:我的問題是:「你能否評論(我們做)環保資源運用的效果,或還有什麼是此刻我們須迫切為地球做的事呢?」
It can be very effective in certain areas.
在某些地區,你們可以做得非常有效。
In other areas, it might be what you called "too late".
而在其他地區,可能已像你們說的:「太遲了」。
But it can mitigate some of the things that are too late, if you accelerate in other areas where it is not too late. There can be a balance point that is achieved.
但是,如果你們能夠在那些「還來得及」的地區,加速進行環保資源的運用和努力,就能減緩「來不及」的地區產生的影響。就能夠在「來得及」與「來不及」的地區之間取得平衡。
So that even then the things that are too late that might tip the scale in a certain way, won’t necessarily be quite as devastating as they could have been because of mitigation in other areas that you can do something about.
所以,既使是那些「太遲才做」而在某層面上可能是關鍵性的地方,不一定會那麼快就發生毀滅性的事,因為你們可以在其他區域做些「減緩」危機發生的事。
So, it is important.
所以,去做「減緩」危機發生的事很重要。
Q: Can you suggest anything else that we could be doing imminently?
Q: 你能否建議什麼是我們須迫切進行的事呢?
Plant a lot more trees. A lot, a lot, a lot, a lot.
種更多一些樹。多種很多,很多,很多,很多樹。
Q: Okay. Thank you. Thank you.
Q: 好。謝謝你。謝謝。
You're welcome. You're welcome.
不客氣,不客氣。