Q: 關於…嗯…自我價值。
Yes?
嗯?
Q: So… Umm… I have this general tendency to…
Q: 就是…嗯…我通常有這種傾向…
You have what?
你有什麼?
Q: I have a general tendency….
Q: 我通常有一種傾向…
What?
什麼?
We are selectively deaf to certain words. Because no one has a tendency. You are making a choice.
我們對於某些字眼會選擇性地聽不見。因為,沒有人有所謂的「傾向」。你們只是在做出選擇。
Q: Yeah… I… Okay.
Q: 是啊…我…好吧。
You see, if you say I have a tendency, and that means: "It's out of my control, there is nothing I can do to change that." That's what "I have a tendency." means.
你看,如果你說,「我有一種傾向」,那就意味著:「這是我無法掌控的,我無能為力改變這點」。這就是「我有一種傾向」的意思。
But if you say: "I am making a choice to do something I don't prefer", at least you're in the driver seat, and then you can logically say: "Well, why would I choose to do something I don't prefer?"
但是,如果你說:「我正選擇要去做某件我不喜歡的事情」,至少你是那「坐在駕駛座上掌握方向盤」的人,然後,你可以合乎邏輯地自問:「為什麼我要選擇一些我不喜歡的事情?」
Now you have something to work with. If you say: "Well, I have a tendency to do this. I have a habit of doing that. It's just a pattern I can't help it."
現在,你找到可以下功夫的地方了。假設你說:「我傾向於這樣做,我有這樣做的習慣,這在我生活中已經是個既定的模式了,我無法改變它。」的話,
You have no control, you have nothing to work with, you have no way of changing that because you cannot change what you don't own.
那你是無力控制它的,你沒有可以下功夫的地方,你會無法改變它。因為,你無法改變「你沒有擁有」的東西。
You're saying: "It's not me." Of course it's you. You're making a choice.
你是在說:「這不是我的問題」。(但)這當然是你的問題。(因為)你正做出「這不是我的問題」的選擇。
But only because you were taught to make those kinds of choices, you can learn to make different choices.
但只是因為你們已被教導去做出那樣的選擇,你們可以學會去做出不同的選擇。
Q: Yep.
Q: 沒錯。
So, make different choices. Don't assume it's a tendency.
所以,就去做出不同的選擇吧。不要認為這是一種「傾向」。
Q: Okay, yes. Thank you.
Q: 好,是的。謝謝。
Yes, does that help?
好的,這樣有幫助嗎?
Q: Yes, umm…
有,嗯…
Yes?
嗯?
Q: You… You… You hear a lot of these things, but for some reason you… yeah, never mind…
Q: 你...你...你聽到很多關於這類的事情,但因為某些原因你...嗯,沒關係啦…。
For some reason?
因為某些原因?
Q: Never mind.
Q: 沒關係啦。
For your reasons.
是因為「你的」原因。
Q: Yes.
Q: 是的。
If you don't prefer your reasons, change your reasons.
如果你不喜歡你的原因,那就改變你的原因(理由)。
Is that reasonable?
這些解說有道理嗎?
Q: That's reasonable.
Q: 有道理。
All right.
好的。
Q: Thank you.
Q: 謝謝。
Thank you.
謝謝。